std.range.iota enhancement: supporting more types (AKA issue 10762)

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 03:30:31 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 24 December 2013 at 11:25:04 UTC, Francesco Cattoglio
wrote:
> There's a catch: if we want bidirectional, we need the last
> element of the range.

`end` is a parameter to all overloads of `iota`. Note that it is
exclusive, so the first `back` is `--end`, not `end` as passed in
by the caller.

Are you sure you understand bidirectional ranges correctly? Any
range that has the `back` property and `popBack` method are
bidirectional.