D.git

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Tue Dec 24 19:59:37 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 25 December 2013 at 02:59:46 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> I've been using the following repository to build the most
> recent dmd, druntime, and phobos:
>
>   https://github.com/carlor/dlang-workspace
>
> Are they similar?

Not quite, but perhaps you could use them together. I haven't
considered D.git's utility in making it easier to get the
bleeding-edge D version - I suppose it might help a bit, but
that's not really its primary purpose, which is to aid regression
testing. What's missing from D.git is a way to build a working
compiler from any point in time (any commit in D.git), but I
think this job is better left to projects such as the one you
mentioned, Martin Nowak's create_dmd_release, or the "compile"
action Nick Sabalausky added to Jacob Carlborg's dvm tool.