Bug report (sorry, couldn't register at bugzilla for some reason)

Hannes Steffenhagen cubicentertain at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 21:01:06 PST 2013

I'm trying to use the LuaD library right now... unfortunately,
I've run into somewhat of a roadblock.

This doesn't work (assertion failure in dmd's backend/cgcs.c:351,
which has apparently something to do with bitops... there's an
assert(0) there and I'm not really sure why).

   import luad.all;

   struct Position {
	double x,y;
   }

   void main() {
	auto state = new LuaState;
	state.doString("pos = {x = 1, y = 2}");
	auto pos = state.get!Position("pos");
   }

but this does (note that state.get!(...) simply delegates to
state.globals.get!(...)).

import luad.all;

struct Position {
	double x,y;
}

void main() {
	auto state = new LuaState;
	state.doString("pos = {x = 1, y = 2}");
	auto pos = state.get!Position("pos");
}

I'm not sure what's the cause and I don't know enough about dmd's
internals to make an educated guess, but I'm pretty sure this is
a bug in dmd and not in LuaD.