Bug report (sorry, couldn't register at bugzilla for some reason)

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 22:04:01 PST 2013

On Saturday, 28 December 2013 at 01:02:54 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Thursday, December 26, 2013 05:02:48 Hannes Steffenhagen
> wrote:
>> Sorry, I'm not sure how to edit posts
>
> It's not possible to edit posts. There are multiple interfaces
> to this
> newsgroup (NNTP, mailing list, and web forum), and the ability
> to edit posts
> would not work with that. So, replying to your own post with
> corrected
> information is the best that you can do.

This is why I wish the web interface had never been called a
"forum" in the first place. According to the common usage of that
word on the internet, it isn't. People have certain expectations
of forum software. When newcomers start using the web interface,
they have no idea that it's essentially a web-based newsgroup
client and not an actual web forum that can support all the
features they expect.

This is not the first time I've seen someone lost about how to
edit their "forum" posts.