std.range.iota enhancement: supporting more types (AKA issue 10762)

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Dec 28 06:12:09 PST 2013

On 28/12/13 14:16, Francesco Cattoglio wrote:
> And that's exactly the reason I choose 2012 as an example :D

It's going to get fun if we have to start taking into account leap seconds too ;-)

On a serious note -- I wouldn't worry about what kind of range type you generate
with iota.  It'll be fine to implement iota for a new type starting with an
input (or more likely, forward) range, and add random-access functionality later
as and where it's possible.