Compiler hints, inlining and syntax consistency

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Sat Dec 28 07:27:35 PST 2013

On Saturday, 28 December 2013 at 13:47:48 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> D has extensive compile-time introspection. If @disable was
> ignored it would change the result of some static if
> statements, including template constraints, changing the
> meaning of code. Even worse, this change could appear silently.
> The same goes for anything else that can be tested for at
> compile-time.

Thanks for this perspective, this makes the distinction between
integrity and functionality fuzzy. I am not sure if I like that
or the effect it has on debugging/programming-in-large… I prefer
languages that conceptually and visually try to separate
different layers (e.g. the job of "lint" and the job of
"code-generation").