Microsoft working on new systems language

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sun Dec 29 00:41:04 PST 2013

On 28.12.2013 16:43, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
> This is interesting but:
>   - they don't talk about generic code?

They use the same model of genericity as .NET, as explained on the
original blog entry.

>   - it's not clear if their language solves the build time issue C++
> have (which D solves)

Any language with proper module support solves this problem. C++
reliance on C toolchains is one reason of such issues.

>   - if it's not a totally open language specification, then it's a
> dead-end to me.

I don't care, my tool religion discussions are long gone and we use
tools requested by customers anyway, not chosen by ourselves.

--
Paulo