DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 08:14:00 PST 2013

On Sunday, 29 December 2013 at 16:01:41 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> I also think it should be shorter, because a) it's a
>> fundamental, and
>> thus very commonly used template, and b) code that manipulates
>> lists are
>> functional in nature which results in long lines that are also
>> hard to
>> split up because sometimes they are in template constraints or
>> function
>> template parameter lists etc.
>
> No. This is the wrong place to go for short names.

It would be nice to hear more than "no" when I provided two very
good reasons for why I think this is the right place to go for a
short name.

>> I like the name `list`.
>
> Define your own alias that way and let the long
> self-explanatory be.

Consistency is king; the standard name will almost always trump
any other name for readability. Defaults are important :)