DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sun Dec 29 20:08:10 PST 2013

On Monday, 30 December 2013 at 03:37:56 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> It is in line with general rule of opXXX for structs working
>> as syntax
>> rewrite.
>
> No, it is not.

"No" as in "not in line" or "you interpret rules wrong"?

>> Me too. Maybe it should be addressed in general by defining
>> template-argument opXXX - than it is subject of own DIP
>> indeed. It is
>> not critical for this DIP implementation so I did not think
>> about it in
>> details but it can make implementation much more hygienic.
>
> It's critical if you want to support the real opSlice.

What do you mean by "real"? Naive alias this implementation will
be sliceable. Problem is without this feature it will degenerate
into raw argument list upon slicing which is not clean but not
fatal (still an improvement over existing TypeTuple)