DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Dec 29 22:43:01 PST 2013

On 12/29/13 8:03 PM, Dicebot wrote:
> It is yet another special case that makes template argument list act as
> first class type despite not being one.

Oh, I see. Yah, that's odd but then such is life. I think it's a
tolerable special case.

> If it is you judgement, let it be so. I prefer to start working on
> implementation whatever it is as opposed to endless discussion. What is
> your opinion about defining general guideline to use packs over nested
> templates for multi-list algorithms (another disagreement between me and
> Jakob)?

I think an argument advocating a bunch of changes that add chaff to code
that works very well would have a hard time geting off the ground. Use
the right tool for the job - that's why we're providing two of them.

Andrei