DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 01:00:08 PST 2013

On Monday, 30 December 2013 at 03:44:49 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Template arguments lists are what they are - entities that can
> be passed to templates. Aliasing them is sensible but creating
> values thereof does not make sense.

That's very confusing. Declaring an expression list from a type
list is the most common use of template argument lists in the
first place:

void write(Args...)(Args args) { ... }

> Tuples are a different beast altogether. It would be nice to be
> able to extract their support types as a
> TemplateArgument{List,Pack} but that's about it.

Hopefully/ideally tuples have nothing to do with all this,
otherwise we're back to square one with the naming issue.