Microsoft working on new systems language

ponce contact at gam3sfrommars.fr
Mon Dec 30 05:52:28 PST 2013

On Monday, 30 December 2013 at 10:27:43 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1tzk5j/the_m_error_model/

As compared with D:

- unrecoverable errors crash immediately like they should. I like
it since the most sensible reason to catch Error in D is to crash
anyway (in eg. C callbacks).

- hence, unrecoverable errors exception hierarchy not represented.

- a throws keyword instead of nothrow. I expect it will lessen M#
support for code made in a hurry (something that D shines
particularly).

- same remark about the "try" keyword at call-site when calling a
function which throw recoverable errors.