Microsoft working on new systems language

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Mon Dec 30 09:17:05 PST 2013

On Monday, 30 December 2013 at 14:59:49 UTC, Peter Alexander
wrote:
> Good job D isn't that language :-)

Yes, that would be great!! :-o

But... new isn't listed among overloadable operators, and I don't
want to set allocators per class. I want to allocate the same
class from different pools. How?

Segmented GC would be neat though. (GC limited to a set of
objects and other mechanisms like ref counting for pointers into
the segment.)

Region pools with reference counting to the region
would be nice too (you release the entire region and do ref
counting to the region rather than the objects in it)