Cross referencing in Ddoc

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Dec 30 11:08:48 PST 2013

On 12/29/2013 9:38 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> A. Automatic cross reference
>
> Automatically create links for all matching symbols in the current scope. That
> means to create a link to a symbol in the current scope it's enough to mention
> it's name in the documentation.

This will create many unwanted links, in three scenarios:

1. In the description for S, there should not be hyperlinks to S. These would be
annoying - when you click on them, nothing will happen.

2. Using the word S as a word, not in reference to symbol S, would generate a
hyperlink which would not make sense.

3. If there are multiple symbols S, hyperlinks to the wrong one would be
created. This is worse than useless.

In my adding of such hyperlinks, 1..3 happen regularly, this is not a "may"
happen. It's a "will" happen, a lot.