Cross referencing in Ddoc

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Mon Dec 30 13:25:17 PST 2013

Am 30.12.2013 22:00, schrieb Walter Bright:
>> Oh the default is to link and then disable manually? That's still
>> manual, just
>> the default is different :o). I can work with that.
>
> As I mentioned elsewhere, I dislike the requirement to use the inverse
> feature. Consider maintenance - I add a symbol, and then have to grep
> the rest of the module for any inadvertent collisions? Features should
> be positive ones, not negative.

I agree the reverse would be better, but that's what is already in DDOC
now. Also, quoting http://dlang.org/ddoc.html:

> Identifiers in documentation comments that are function parameters or
are names that are in scope at the associated declaration are emphasized
in the output.

So the same problem is already reality - you already have to go through
the documentation to see if there are any mis-highlighted words.