Possible @property compromise

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Fri Feb 1 14:28:18 PST 2013

> Note that many (including myself) consider the overloading of static to be a *detriment*.

The modifier actually has a consistent meaning.
Is it about overloading as in static if and static assert?

> Now, you are proposing that we have these special structs (nested
> structs) must be labeled static, but are not actually static (their
> methods require a context pointer), ...

This is not what static on an aggregate declaration means in D. A static
struct is a struct that does not contain a context pointer as an
implicit field. All member structs and aggregate members of structs are
implicitly static.