Using memberspaces for a property-like syntax and more

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Sat Feb 2 16:43:45 PST 2013

On Saturday, 2 February 2013 at 22:18:52 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:

> I don't think that we should be trying to add major, new
> concepts right now. I
> think that we should just decide whether or not we need
> explicit properties.
> And that will decide whether we go with a variant of what
> Walter is suggesting
> or whether we do something with @property. All these other
> suggestions are
> just complicating things to no real benefit.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

@property is a dead end IMHO because it adds little to the
language and can never be used to emulate real variables. The
memberspace concept does at least as well as @property can ever
do and is a more generalized solution that can be used beyond
just implementing properties. Why bother with @property when we
can much better?

--rt