feature request: __ARGS__ for logging (cf __FILE__, __LINE__, __FUNC___)

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Sun Feb 3 00:44:08 PST 2013

Am 03.02.2013 08:15, schrieb dennis luehring:
> Am 01.02.2013 12:24, schrieb Timon Gehr:
>> On 02/01/2013 11:54 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>>
>>> Sounds like an ugly hack for AST macros. This is a proposal for AST
>>> macros I've been working on. It's not finished but here it is:
>>>
>>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18386187/ast_macros.html
>>>

>> Make sure to include some way to pattern match on the syntax trees.
>> (Otherwise we are back to manual parsing of the ast.toString() output.)
>>

> from the text
>
> "...The first parameter of macro is always of the type Context..."
>
> is then there a real need for context as an parameter - it semanticly
> similar to "this" in the class scope - i would prefer a "context"
> keyword inside of the macro scope

i understand that pushing the context und sub-macro is a need

but didn't you define a macro-type by

alias macro (Ast!(string) str) my_macro

and this type can be used by sub-macros like normal typed parameters

another question:

why Ast! here - can the input any else than a AST?
and why not use your $ notation not also here $string?