IOC is inside Clang-head

SomeDude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Sun Feb 3 04:53:18 PST 2013

On Sunday, 3 February 2013 at 11:11:15 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 2/3/2013 12:32 AM, SomeDude wrote:
>> My wishlist for a real revision of C would be [...] And
>> nothing more.
>
> I've been seeing those wish lists for 25 years now. The trouble
> is, everyone has a very different list!

And yet C is probably the non obscure language that has evolved
the least within these 25 years. Which is all the more
astonishing that none of the features in my wishlist is
particularly difficult to implement, none of them breaks
compatibility with the past, and none of them makes it hard to
port to exotic architectures. The last C standard has been
particularly disappointing in this regard, as next to nothing
that really matters has changed.

It seems to me that the C experts crowd is the most conservative
crowd you can find, and one that loves to impose its own
masochism to the rest of the world.