IOC is inside Clang-head

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon Feb 4 05:06:49 PST 2013

On Sunday, 3 February 2013 at 23:41:56 UTC, Ziad Hatahet wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Paulo Pinto
> <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote:
>
>> One of the few things I like about Windows 8 is that if
>> Microsoft has its
>> way, C will eventually become a second class citizen at least
>> on one major
>> platform.
>>

> I presume you mean to C++? Since when was C a first class
> citizen on
> Windows though?
>
> --
> Ziad

Windows x.y (16 bit), kernel level and games programming ?

C++ is gaining again first class status again in Windows 8, now
with the WinRT runtime based on COM.

On Build 2012 there was a brief mention from Herb Sutter that
kernel team is making the C kernel code be compilable in C++ mode.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2012/2-005

--
Paulo