DIP23 draft: Fixing properties redux

kenji hara k.hara.pg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:08:31 PST 2013

2013/2/4 Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch>

> On 02/04/2013 03:38 PM, kenji hara wrote:
>
>> I think this is necessary feature for the D's function and property
>> semantics.
>>

> Why?

Because, "property" is one of D-specific feature.

In D, "property" is directly translated to function call. So, we should get
balance between two requirements:
1. property should be treated as its returned type.
2. property should be distinguished from raw field. (For example,
serialization library should recognize it)

Address expression is _only_one_ built-in feature to make a callable object
from function symbol. So
this "special feature" is enough reasonable to me.

Kenji Hara