Expanding Phobos from a flat hierachy

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 03:06:18 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 6 February 2013 at 10:51:19 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:28:25 monarch_dodra wrote:
>> I don't know if this is related or not (I'd think it is), but
>> if
>> we were to re-think phobos' module organization, we may also
>> want
>> to think about how we want to deal with changing entire modules
>> at once.
>>
>> I'm mostly thinking about things like "random2.d", "xmk2.d" or
>> whatnot.
>
> I believe that that's what we decided on previously. It just
> hasn't actually
> been done yet, because no one has implemented such a module
> since the decision
> was made.

Andrei made a proposal to allow transforming a module into a
package. It seems to me like the way to go for this.

This is even possible to manage several versions of the lib using
version that way. And different module can even import their own.
Sound like a better idea than messing up with names.