DIP25 draft available for destruction

Chad Joan chadjoan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:48:39 PST 2013

> Probably it'll need a fair amount of tweaking. Anyhow it's in
> destroyable form.
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP25
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

This is probably reasonably, but I'm having trouble fully comprehending it.

Once I get to the "Typechecking rules" section and dig into the
nitty-gritty, it seems to be written in a way that discusses what is
allowed, but only briefly hints at what is disallowed.  It is not
immediately clear to me how this would impact my code.

My interpretation so far is that the only difference between DIP25 and
current D code is that we won't be allowed to pass stack variables
(including by-value/copied parameters) into ref parameters.

HTH