Expanding Phobos from a flat hierachy

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Feb 7 03:00:19 PST 2013

On 2013-02-06 22:24, David Nadlinger wrote:

> Somebody actually working on it.
>
> No offense, Jacob, but to me it seems like you have quite a few
> interesting projects (DVM, DStep, Orbit, …), and although you are
> usually quick to advertise them here, it seems that none of them is
> quite ready for prime time.

That's very true, that I'm working on several projects. Saying that none
of them are ready for prime time is not really fair.

DVM - Has seen several releases and does what I intended it to do.
DStep - Has seen one release. It could use more work but it basically
does what it should.
Orange - Has only seen one proper release. Could be faster and support
more archives but this does what it's intended to do
Orbit - This is not finished yet. But many things do work.

> Maybe concentrating your efforts on one of them would be a good idea?
> Otherwise, you'll inevitably leave behind a trail of broken expectations
> as you cannot realistically expect to support all of them at the same time…

The problem is that I need all these tools and libraries. If one wants
something done it's best to do it yourself.

Also it can be quite tiresome to work on the same project all the time.
Especially if you get stuck, then it can be good to have something else
to work on for a while.

--
/Jacob Carlborg