Expanding Phobos from a flat hierachy

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Feb 7 04:17:20 PST 2013

On 2013-02-06 18:22, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> I understand. The way I see this is as an motivation and opportunity to
> add the necessary functionality to Phobos. I may be uninformed, but the
> way I see it basic package management doesn't have to be very demanding
> on library functionality.

No it doesn't need to have a demanding library functionality. But I have
creating these libraries because they contain common code I use in
several of my tools and libraries. I think duplicating that code just to
avoid having any library dependencies would be quite foolish.

The reason why I use Tango is that it contains functionality that is
either missing or not good enough in Phobos. Also, remember that I
started this project several years ago.

--
/Jacob Carlborg