DIP25 draft available for destruction

Zach the Mystic reachBUTMINUSTHISzach at gOOGLYmail.com
Thu Feb 7 06:15:41 PST 2013

On Thursday, 7 February 2013 at 09:23:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> DIP25 aim to solve the ref issue. Which is clearly useful.
>> Conflating that goal
>> with making previous DIP on function call is only going to
>> export the mess in
>> another area of the language.
>>
>> This is the very example of why simplicity in semantic is key.
>
> Simplicity is great, but it does not always trump everything
> else. It's also possible for reasonable people to disagree on
> what is simple or intuitive.

Can you tell me if you consider my proposal with regard to making
ref safe and complete simple and intuitive both for compiler and
user, and if not, why? (I don't have an opinion about '&' yet.)

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ket199$2c27$1@digitalmars.com#post-bsgrtofehxfjmzkaedfr:40forum.dlang.org