DIP23 Counter Proposal

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 16:33:47 PST 2013

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 17:25:16 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu

>> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:25:57 -0500, Jonathan M Davis
>> <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
>>

>>> struct S
>>> {
>>> @property int i;
>>> }
>>
>> struct S
>> {
>> mixin(boilerplateProperty("i"));
>> }
>>
>> I don't see this as a difficult problem to solve.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> I like that, too, with the note that various syntax highlighters etc.
> won't be able to see much about that entity.

My syntax highlighter highlights string and writeln, even though they
aren't language builtins.  If we establish a standard mixin template,
certainly editors can be made to highlight such a mixin, along with
providing the expected code completion.

-Steve