Trying to follow "Preparing a new major release" instructions

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Fri Feb 8 05:25:48 PST 2013

Am Fri, 08 Feb 2013 02:54:04 -0800
schrieb Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>:

> I followed the instructions in the wiki. If they don't work, they
> need to be revised.

You followed the instructions but nobody else did. For example bug
fixes weren't pushed to staging as described in 5.2.4 and therefore we
don't have any bug fix commits in staging now. The instructions on the
page can't work correctly if they are only partially followed.

I have to admit that the wiki page is missing instructions for the
transition to the new process. But as long as we don't have a clear
"Yes we want to use that process" statement from the core developers
there's no use in writing them. Right now it seems you're the only one
trying to follow that wiki page.