DIP26: properties defined

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Fri Feb 8 16:11:25 PST 2013

On Friday, 8 February 2013 at 23:53:40 UTC, Robert wrote:
> Ok. Here finally it is:
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP26
>

> Best regards,
>
> Robert

The definition is the obvious first step, so thanks for taking
the time to define one.

What we really need is a process in place for managing the
language specification, otherwise we'll be spinning wheels
forever. The concept of DIPs are not enough, for example there's
no revision control over the specification, and no ability to
determine what version of the specification a given compiler
version adheres to. There's also not much going on for planning
and prioritizing what needs to be done.

A process for developing all aspects of the D language should be
a top priority.

--rt