Request for comments: std.d.lexer

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Fri Feb 8 22:01:22 PST 2013

Am 08.02.2013 17:35, schrieb Brian Schott:
> On Friday, 8 February 2013 at 15:35:55 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
> wrote:
>> Would be intereesting to try gdc as dmd on linux uses gcc.
>
> GDC decided to randomly not fail to build on my system, so it's
> time for MOAR CHARTS.
>
> dmd -inline -noboundscheck -O -w -wi -m64 -property
> ldc2 -O2 -release -vectorize -m64
> gdc -O3 -fno-bounds-check -frelease -m64
> http://hackerpilot.github.com/experimental/std_lexer/images/times3-all.png

i still don't get what you comparing here

you benchmarking something like an mixup of code-generation,
startup-times and filesystem behavior + lexing time (+ lexing output style)

and this all makes only sense if you lexer produces the very same output
(so it can be out of the box used as an replacement) as the dmd lexer -
for beeing compareable

or aren't you in the phase of detail benchmarking/profiling?