Possible regression (2.060 -> 2.061) with member access

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Sat Feb 9 07:20:40 PST 2013

The following reduced source code would compile just fine with dmd 2.060
but does no longer compile with dmd 2.061:

file a.d:
module a;

import b;

template getType(T)
{
   alias typeof(T.i) getType;
}

void main(string[] args)
{
   alias getType!Foo t;
}

file b.d:
module b;

struct Foo
{
   private int i;
}

This breaks all kind of low level functionality I did build. It breaks
both my serialization code and runtime type information system. Because
in both use cases I need to be able to access the type of a protected or
private member.

Has this been "fixed" intentionally? Or is this a regression? If it has
been "fixed" what would be a workaround to get the type of Foo.i
(outside of the b module) ?

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut