Alias syntax removal

Tove tove at fransson.se
Sun Feb 10 08:24:18 PST 2013

On Sunday, 10 February 2013 at 14:42:50 UTC, kenji hara wrote:
> 2013/2/10 kenji hara <k.hara.pg at gmail.com>
> Why I argue that the syntax `alias this = sym;` is wrong?
> Because:
>
> Benefits of the proposed syntax are:
> 2a. It is consistent with class inheritance syntax `class C : B
> {}`.
> 2b. It is scalable for multiple alias this feature, as like
> `alias this
> : sym1, sym2, ...;` .

2a. I agree.

2b. I always assumed multiple alias would be introduced like
this...
alias this = sym1;
alias this = sym2;

... which also is "needed" if you use a "3rd party library mixin"
in your struct(which internally uses alias this), so even with
the ':' syntax it's anyway required to support being able to use
it multiple times:

alias this : sym1;
alias this : sym2;

So I don't think 2b speaks in favor of the new syntax.