About ref used for performance reasons with struct

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 12:40:38 PST 2013

On Monday, 11 February 2013 at 19:14:15 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> I'm a bit confused now. It's your intention to create (worst
> case) 2^n permutations of the same function for each potential
> ref parameter (which would be the same behavior as 'auto ref')
> or that the compiler could pass big structs by ref without code
> bloat?

  For some reason I doubt that's what he means. Seems more often
than not only one or two parameter(s) need to be ref-able, so in
most cases with 1 variable two (and only two) functions be made
and it choose between the two based on the result. Larger than
that and another method would have to be selected.