Preliminary submission - std.rational and std.typelist

Arlen arlen.ng at gmx.com
Mon Feb 11 14:14:33 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:05 PM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>wrote:

> A Rational should accept T as BigInt too.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Rational doesn't support BigInt because the necessary math functions do not
support BigInt.  And if you are going to have Rational support BigInt, you
are most likely going to need BigFloat, which is something we don't have.

I personally do not like BigInt because it is incomplete, and because it is
reinventing the wheel.  I much rather see Phobos provide an interface to
GMP, MPFR, or some other arbitrary precision arithmetic library, similar to
what you see with Haskell and Python.

Arlen