What's missing from Phobos for Orbit (package manager)

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 06:53:33 PST 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:38:45 -0500, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> I don't need examples of how to implement these functions. I'm asking
> what of these could we add to Phobos. I already have all the
> functionality in place. I'm trying to estimate the cost of moving these
> to Phobos, if it's worth porting Orbit to only use Phobos.

Well, many of those could be implemented in Orbit, especially the trivial
ones.

The way it was worded, I thought you needed those to be in phobos or have
an implementation provided before you could start the port.  It did sound
a little strange ;)

Some of them are not trivial, and I understand those (e.g. std.process and
std.xml), but things like !empty I think would not need a special
implementation in phobos for you to be able to port.

-Steve