minit and DMD's makefiles

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Fri Feb 15 23:59:57 PST 2013

On 16.02.2013 05:07, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 2/15/2013 6:19 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> On 2/16/13, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>>> LOL. I just do:
>>>
>>>      touch minit.obj
>>>
>>> as required.
>>
>> Mine's more automated. :p
>>
>> Btw, have you had the chance to look at
>> https://github.com/DigitalMars/optlink/pull/1 ?
>>

> I looked at it, but I haven't gone through it. Thanks for doing it!
> What's standing in the way of you building it?

I actually succeded in building optlink, but there are a few things that
had to be changed:

- masm (v9 or v10) complained about a number of "mov AL,errorCode" which
had to be changed to AX (I guess it would not assume an external to fit
into a byte)

- I had to add a number of ridiculous "BYTE PTR" modifiers

- The SLR tools are 16-bit executables so I installed a VM running XP
just to find out that they don't work there too. Instead I changed the
makefiles to use lib from the dmd distrubution rather than optlib.

What version of masm are you using?

Shall I make it a pull request?