The DUB package manager

Peter Sommerfeld noreply at rubrica.at
Sun Feb 17 05:29:28 PST 2013

Am 17.02.2013, 11:58 Uhr, schrieb Sönke Ludwig:
> Am 17.02.2013 11:21, schrieb Peter Sommerfeld:
> Not sure what you mean by project manager, but right now, I see no
> reason why it shouldn't be possible to keep the package/build
> description very compact.

If a good configuration format for D is established, it will (or
should) be used everywhere.

>> Regarding json: It is designed ...
> This is just wrong. JSON is just JavaScript, which is meant for human
> editing just as D or a custom DSL is.

OK, that is not important. The point is: Config files have to
be edited by humans and all the quotes are simply superfluous,
annoying and error-prone.

The appropriate file format has low-priority and may be discussed
when a general decision about using dub as build-tool has been
made. I am for it! So let us continue with more important issues
for now.

Peter