The DUB package manager

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 06:40:25 PST 2013

Don't really have a vision how it will look like in practice
based on released data, but looking at current discussion I'd
like to state that I am most interested in a centralized
library/app list, dependency tracker and an easy way to get
sources. Support for a popular build systems may be fine as a
bonus, but only as an added feature, with no coupling. I'd hate
to see a ruby gem (or similar) hell pushed as a "D way".
Packaging is best done (and should be) by OS package manager, not
hundreds of languages-specific managers. Good language package
manager in my opinion is just an information source for OS
package builders.