The DUB package manager

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Sun Feb 17 07:14:25 PST 2013

Am Sun, 17 Feb 2013 00:20:48 -0800
schrieb Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>:

> On Sunday, February 17, 2013 09:12:00 Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> > BTW, I think YAML as a superset of JSON is also a good contender
> > with nice syntax features, but also much more complex.
>
> It's also whitespace-sensitive, which is downright evil IMHO. I'd
> take JSON over YAML any day.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Are you sure? YAML 1.1 required whitespace after comma and in some more
cases, but YAML 1.2 dropped that to be 100% compatible with JSON. If
you write JSON you have valid YAML and you can write YAML that is valid
JSON.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML#JSON
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML#cite_note-9