The DUB package manager

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sun Feb 17 15:51:45 PST 2013

On Sunday, 17 February 2013 at 14:40:26 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Packaging is best done (and should be) by OS package manager,
> not hundreds of languages-specific managers. Good language
> package manager in my opinion is just an information source for
> OS package builders.

D does not lend itself well to OS-level packaging, because
different compilers as well as different versions of the same
compiler will not be binary-compatible in the foreseeable future.

I think any D package management tool needs to be able to handle
multiple coexisting compiler configurations, or at least allow
being used for multiple installation (similar to RubyGems and
rbenv/rvm).

David