WPFfor d

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 15:55:55 PST 2013

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 15:49:57 -0800, Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools.org>
wrote:

> Am 18.02.2013 00:29, schrieb Adam Wilson:
>> [...]>>
>>
>> In WPF that statement is true, however, most of the reflection in WPF is
>> not, strictly speaking, required, it's just how they choose to do it,
>> along with a few other monumentally stupid decisions, like rendering a
>> 2D circle as ~1000 polygons...
>>  [...]
>
> I have seen this quite a few times.
>
> It is not only how good a compiler/JIT is, but how things get coded as
> well.
>
> Sometimes before reaching for C and C++, it would be enough to use the
> right data structures or algorithms.
>

> --
> Paulo

Well that's kind of my point. The method they used to draw a circle was
about the most naive possible way it could be done with the tools they
had. In short, the algorithm they used is stupidly brute force.

http://jeremiahmorrill.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/a-critical-deep-dive-into-the-wpf-rendering-system/

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender