Orange - Free from D1/Tango

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 09:46:28 PST 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:09:30 -0500, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2013-02-18 15:32, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>
>> Then maybe I didn't understand deadalnix's point, or maybe you have
>> solved his problem?  I don't know enough about your library.
>
> I didn't really understand deadalnix's point. But I answered your
> comment. My answer to your comment is true but I don't know if that has
> anything to do with what deadalnix said.

Hm... maybe something like this:

class Widget
{
   Display d;
}

If you serialize Widget, then it will try to serialize d, but d is not
owned by Widget, it's just referenced by Widget.

How does Orange deal with this?  What if whoever wrote Widget never
intended it to be serialized, but wasn't aware of the serialization
library, so didn't know to mark it as @nonSerialized

-Steve