Dmd pull requests coming in to fast?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Feb 18 16:29:34 PST 2013

On Monday, February 18, 2013 22:07:56 Maxim Fomin wrote:
> I would say that in fall 2011 the number was around 100 (as far I
> remember) and a year later it was around 110. It seems to be
> increasing. I consider this a revelation of a "too many problems
> too few people" problem.

With a difference of only ten, it could simply be that there were more in that
month rather than it's been increasing overall. You need to look at the trend.
That may show that we're falling behind, or it may we're not. I don't know.
But even if the trend is that there are more pull requests, it could be that
they're actually being processed faster, but it's just that there are more in
the queue at a time, making it so that a pull request takes about as long to
get processed now as it did a year ago. It very well be that there needs to be
more people involved, but the fact that there are 10 more requests in the
queue doesn't mean much.

- Jonathan M Davis