WPFfor d

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Feb 19 02:37:47 PST 2013

On 2013-02-19 10:29, rumbu wrote:

> That's the power of a declarative UI: separate behaviour and design. If
> you want a larger button, touch sensitive - even thought sensitive :),
> just change the design to better suit device features, but don't change
> the behaviour. Just to keep your scroll bar example: in desktop world we
> can keep the scroll bar visible on the screen. In the touch sensitive
> world, we can hide most of scrollbar content, keep only some arrows to
> tell the user there is more data, but leave it to respond to common
> gestures to scroll up and down. From the programmer perspective, The
> scrollbar object will have the same methods, same events and the same
> properties. The end user/designer will call/use these methods/properties
> performing different actions specific to target device.

That would be good if it could work like that. But that's not what I
have usually seen with custom widgets. They just don't work in one way
or another.

The problem isn't just designing a widget the looks differently on
different devices. Sometimes the application needs to be completely
different.

--
/Jacob Carlborg