The DUB package manager

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 23:15:34 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 20 February 2013 at 03:52:12 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> No prob :) But I don't think OS-package-managers are evil (like
> I've
> said, I like "apt-get install" *when it works*). It's just that
> think it's patently absurd when people claim that
> OS-package-managers
> are the *only* good way to go and that there's no good
> legitimate
> purpose for language-based OS-independent stuff. As long as
> they're
> OS-dependent there will always be legitimate reasons for
> alternatives.

Aptitude isn't really OS dependant. Just debian provide linux and
BSD flavors, and it is used in many other distros.

Same goes for many other package managers.

The multiplication of package manager always seemed to me like a
huge waste of resources.