D is coming to a town near you

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Wed Feb 20 12:08:37 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 20 February 2013 at 19:49:51 UTC, Namespace wrote:
>> Yes your additions is included in what I meant by "stabilize".
>> We need to freeze the addition of new features for the "stable
>> release of the language" (we currently do not have a stable
>> release that is documented) and put it through the acid test
>> of real world use so it can be polished up based on the
>> feedback.
> +1
> But what about the features, that should be included, but are
> still missing?

Missing plus new and improved features show up in the next stable
release of the language. The problem though is that we do not
have a stable release of the language, nor do we even have a beta
release. What we have can be described as a perpetual
experimental release of the language.

 From what I can tell, we have enough already to document a stable
release that will be useful in practical terms. Yes more features
can and possibly should be added - but the desire to evolve and
improve the language will always be there, so it never stops. We
have to force a "stop" with an artificially imposed "stable"
release.

--rt