D is coming to a town near you

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Feb 20 16:55:45 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 01:55:00AM +0100, Rob T wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 February 2013 at 00:48:50 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >>Yes. Shared Libraries Please.
> >>
> >>Thank you.
> >
> >+1
> >
> >It's the most important issue for me. Particular feature bugs can
> >be worked around, lack of shared library support is insurmountable
> >for many applications.
>
> Yes, it's a major barrier towards adoption in a production
> environment. Walter said it's now a priority, so I cross the fingers
> and hope.
[...]

Better yet, maybe more of us should start delving into DMD's code...
Currently only a small number of people really understand the compiler,
which has a rather low bus factor. We need to increase that (not only to
improve the bus factor, but also so that more people are aware of
compiler issues and hopefully how to fix them).

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. -- Yoon Ha Lee, CONLANG