D is coming to a town near you

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 21 00:07:18 PST 2013

On 2/20/2013 4:55 PM, Rob T wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 February 2013 at 00:48:50 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> Yes. Shared Libraries Please.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> It's the most important issue for me. Particular feature bugs can be worked around, lack of shared library support is
>> insurmountable for many applications.
>
> Yes, it's a major barrier towards adoption in a production environment. Walter said it's now a priority, so I cross the
> fingers and hope.
>
> --rt

It's _a_ barrier for adoption in _some_ production environments.  So are many other features for many other
environments.  It's really easy to over color the priorities based on your own use case.  The community is large with
lots of needs.  Juggling priorities is a very grey process.

Hope is about the least likely to produce results (other than maybe disappointment).  I highly encourage those with
needs to actively help address them.  It doesn't take a lot of people to add a lot of value.

My 2 cents,
Brad