D is coming to a town near you

Rikki Cattermole pbdadmin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 00:48:58 PST 2013

On Thursday, 21 February 2013 at 00:57:46 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 01:55:00AM +0100, Rob T wrote:
>> On Thursday, 21 February 2013 at 00:48:50 UTC, John Colvin
>> wrote:
>> [...]
>> >
>> >+1
>> >
>> >It's the most important issue for me. Particular feature bugs
>> >can
>> >be worked around, lack of shared library support is
>> >insurmountable
>> >for many applications.
>>
>> Yes, it's a major barrier towards adoption in a production
>> environment. Walter said it's now a priority, so I cross the
>> fingers
>> and hope.
> [...]
>
> Better yet, maybe more of us should start delving into DMD's
> code...
> Currently only a small number of people really understand the
> compiler,
> which has a rather low bus factor. We need to increase that
> (not only to
> improve the bus factor, but also so that more people are aware
> of
> compiler issues and hopefully how to fix them).

I just want to say, as I have only worked in D for ~6 months the
usage of Optilink is a real pain.
Couple of days ago I took a strong look at removing 64bit only
code from Coff support and allowing it to compile 32bit.
I failed yes.
But I definitely will take another look into this.
Hopefully learn wayy more of how it works!