D project management for better growth and longevity

qznc qznc at go.to
Thu Feb 21 07:47:29 PST 2013

On Thursday, 21 February 2013 at 15:32:02 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> qznc:
>
>> I have no practical experience with Gerrit. What does it offer
>> that Github does not?
>
> The answer to your question is in my post and in two links I've
> provided there.

I'm too stupid to read the answer from between the lines. ;)

If I understand correctly: Gerrit speeds up the review process.
D's review process is working fine, the merge is the bottleneck.

Is that really the case? The number of open pull requests seems
to relatively stable at around 100 for at least two years[0]. An
open pull request can mean both "needs review" and "needs merge".

Do we need more people to provide pull requests? More people
reviewing pull requests? Improve approval/merge speed?

[0]
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/hllgumyacmdfmzqjejfv@forum.dlang.org